The NoVA Fun series is a growing compilation of budget-friendly and family-friendly activities in the Northern Virginia and D.C. Metro area. If you have suggestions for the list, feel free to leave a comment below or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am working on creating a separate blog post for each activity and adding additional activities to the list. The first post in the NoVA Fun Series will be Burke Lake Park in Fairfax Station, VA.
- Burke Lake Park (Fairfax Station, VA) (map)
- Old Rag Mountain (part of Shenandoah National Park, near Sperryville, VA) (map)
- Frying Pan Park (Herndon, VA) (map)
- Meadowlark Botanical Gardens (Vienna, VA) (map)
- Great Falls Park (McLean, VA) (map)
- Great Falls Tavern Visitor Center (Potomac, MD) (map)
- Shirlington Dog Park (Arlington, VA) (map)
- Udvar-Hazy Center (Air and Space Museum; Chantilly, VA) (map)
- National Museum of Natural History (Washington, DC) (map)
- Washington & Old Dominion Trail aka. W&OD Trail (Arlington, VA to Purcellville, VA) (map)
- Mount Vernon Trail (Washington, D.C. to Mt. Vernon, VA) (map)